Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Warranty waiting...

Well, all I can say is thank God for spin class.  So it's been a few weeks since the demise of my beloved 2006 Trek and I'm hurting a little bit.  I have been filling the void with spin class followed by weight lifting which is not exactly the same - but probably as close to the real thing as it gets.  The good news is it has been too hot to get a decent workout regardless, so I'm not missing much with the staggering Sacramento heat.  The other good news I found was I managed to get my original proof of purchase from Sierra Cyclesmith!  Got to love a bike shop that knows you just need to ride and still takes care of you when you've left their jurisdiction!

On the subject of bicycles I was shocked to see the aluminum sections of my bike deterorate and eventiually fail while the carbon fibre portions looked brand new.  I always worried the fork or rear triangle would give way when it turned out the be the metal that died.  I think I have converted to carbon now...

I am most definitely going to buy another Trek if they come through on the warranty.  The rumour my mechanic told me is they will either replace the frame with something similar or...give me a carrot to purchase a nicer and better bike.  I'm eyeing the Madone 5.2.  I guess it just depends on what they are willing to knock off and how long I can hold out without riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment