Friday, November 8, 2013

Surviving the semester

Well, college is a strange experience.  In some classes it does not matter what you do-your professor just does not like what you have to say or write.  Oh course, this is the same professor that assigns 500 pages of reading in five days (no exaggeration).  So now I just do not care.  I throw out all my random ideas about the text and simply smile.  I know...he is only badgering us along to say what he discovered and that exact answer is very obvious...but where the fun there?  I'm going to bomb this class, so I might as well do it in style.  Also, I've never really bombed a class where I do all the reading in advance and show up every single day...but I guess there is a first for everything.

Secondly, I have decided to spend a year reconnecting with myself.  I would like to point out that my self-discovery year is not actually a year of planned selfishness even though it might sound like one.  I still have a child so I am only half selfish.  Well, I'm incredibly selfish every other day.  I am going to reconnect with the lost aspect of my life and find what I really have been missing.  Or...at least I'm going to ride my bike a fucking ton of miles.  And I'm going to probably race a lot.  Maybe I'll even buy a CX bike and race all fall and winter too.

Oh...and my year of self absorption just began by not even touching the Edith Wharton novel in my backpack and blogging away my Starbucks buzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment